When you hear the words, strawberry filled cupcakes, can we honestly think of anything better? Is there anything in the world that sounds more heavenly? Well, you got it, strawberry filled PROSECCO cupcakes 😍
Baking sesh and actual sesh all in one.
For the cupcakes themselves, there are only 5 ingredients and 6 ingredients for the filling and toppings.
All together the ingredients make 12 cupcakes. Perfect if you are having a Saturday night get together.
What will you need?
For the cake batter:
- 175g Unsalted butter
- 175g Golden caster sugar
- 175g Self raising flour
- 2tbsp Prosecco (Petite Prosecco obviously 😉)
- For the filling and icing
For the icing and filling:
- 12 Whole strawberries
- 150ml Prosecco (Petite Prosecco)
- 375g Icing sugar
- 150g Unsalted butter
- 1tsp Vanilla bean paste
- 2tbsp Milk
1. First of all you have to preheat your oven 180 degrees or 160 if you own a fan oven. Then prep your muffin tin with cupcake cases. Be as creative as you like.
2. Start to cream the sugar and butter together until the mixture becomes fluffy and then crack in the eggs one at a time, adding a little bit of flower in between eggs. Add the remaining flour and then mix in your Petite Prosecco (our favourite part).
3. Fill you cupcake cases and bake for 25 minutes and wooop! Your cake bases are complete!
4. Take the cakes out and leave to cool. Whilst doing so soak your strawberries in your prosecco.
5. Whilst your strawberries are soaking, mix together the butter, icing sugar, vanilla paste and milk until you have a silky smooth texture.
6. After your cupcakes have cooled, carefully cut out of the top of the cupcake, deep enough to place your strawberries, and pop them in.
7. Spread your icing onto your cupcakes and decorate however your heart desires! We love sprinkles and strawberry slices to top it off.
Using Petite prosecco, at only 59 calories per 100ml these cupcakes will be a little more guilt-free as you won't even have to worry about the extra calories.